Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Pile of Sweaters => Sweater Top

This is what I did with my weekend....

I took this pile of sweaters

 Loved the color of this too-big one:
Next up: Cutting and sewing

I remembered to serge the arm hole before sewing up the sides, which was a good thing.  This will keep them from unraveling.
Then I cut the bottom half to size.
Note the wavy seam on the waist.  I need to figure out how to do thick knits in the serger because that is what usually happens.  It's still wearable, but not quite what I had in mine.

Here's the finished look.  I was going to add more of the burgundy sweater to the bottom so it would be long enough to teach in.  But I like it better short.  I'm going to call it a top and not a dress....

I'm pretty pleased, overall.  But I've got to figure out how to seam knits on the serger problem before I make another one.

Update: My friend Carla explained that a more gathered stitch will help.  If you have a Baby Lock brand serger, this means "push the level all the way to the 2 at the top."

No comments:

Post a Comment