Sunday, June 15, 2014

Sunday Thoughts

Having come down in a cloud, the LORD stood with Moses there
and proclaimed his name, "LORD."
Thus the LORD passed before him and cried out,
"The LORD, the LORD, a merciful and gracious God,
slow to anger and rich in kindness and fidelity."
Moses at once bowed down to the ground in worship.
Then he said, "If I find favor with you, O Lord,
do come along in our company.
-Exodus 34

What a lovely prayer!  Not "God, please fix everything I don't like about my life," but instead, "God, come be with me on my journey."    I love this idea of God coming along with us. 

Right after Moses bows down in worship, he invites God along as a friend.  That is part of the mystery of God: Almighty and Awe-Inspiring and Friend.... at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment