Saturday, October 19, 2013

Weekly Round Up

This past week I ...
... ate pizza and watched a modern-take Shakespeare film with my sister Rachel.  (Head over to the Reviews page to see what I thought of it.)
... bought Christmas ornaments at the St. Teresa's Christmas Boutique to (hopefully!) transform like this.  (And regretted not buying the Christmas plates to transform into tiered trays.)
... spent heaps of money at the Blessed Sacrament Church fall fundraiser silent auction.  (But Christmas gifts for Mom and Dad are covered!)

... finished Jan Karon's At Home in Mitford, which I liked.  I never would have read it except for Mom and Elizabeth P.  Mom had bought the large-print version for Grandma and dropped it off.  I'm thinking, Since when do I read authors who are actually alive?  But Elizabeth P was over for crafting and as she was leaving she noticed it sitting on the mantle where Mom had left it and she said she really loved those books.
... worked on my nephew's hand-made book which I'm hoping to finish before Christmas....
... went back to the Thrift Store on Friday and snapped up the plates
... made a decision that I've been struggling with for three or four years.  So far, I feel peaceful about it and haven't changed my mind like all the other times....
... enjoyed a surprise visit from Anne M. who was in town and dropped by for lunch.

Lots to be grateful for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment