Thursday, April 4, 2013

Easter Art

I made two calendar pages on Easter afternoon.  (I was reading Rebooting Work: Transform How You Work in the Age of Entrepreneurship but that seemed too worldly for Easter.)

The sun is for the Son because He has risen!
And I went ahead and did one for May as well.  It's also punful :)
The calendar is at school, so I will add the pages there.

I was reading Art at the Speed of Life by Pam Carriker, and it inspired me to try some mixed-media and layering.  I'm timid, though.  If you look closely at the top image you can see cardboard (the orange triangles, from a box) and purplish dots (paper-punched from a bead catalog).  I also tried to layer my paint more than usual.  I worked on both canvases at once so paint could dry before I applied another layer.  The book is much cooler than these would imply!  I need to give myself permission to fail more.  My "canvases" are discarded cardstock used for putting layer upon layer of medicine bottles in boxes.  They were intercepted on their way to the trash at the factory where my mom works.  They really don't have to be perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment