Saturday, April 20, 2013

An Enchanted Morning

The Magician and I spent the morning at Lauritzen Gardens in Omaha, checking out an exhibit of Lego sculptures and enjoying the company of my mom, sister, brother-in-law, and their two boys.  I thought you might enjoy some pictures.

The 27 sculptures took Lego artist Sean Kenney eight months to make.  Some of the larger ones have steel armature inside, and they were all sealed when finished.

Here's one of my favorites:


Any guesses how many Legos it took to make the bee?  The answer is at the end of this post.



This is me wondering what the figure is doing.... does gardening involve labor?  Or does The Magician just snap his fingers and Presto?






Here's all of us together:
Here's a fantastic butterfly and a cute couple:
 

This also made me smile:


Can you tell we're sisters?
Look up and look carefully!
This is another cool picture of Conner.

Right after I took this shot, he spotted:
The kid has amazing eyes.  (If you don't have amazing eyes, it's a turkey.)

Finally, we got some more garden inspiration:

It was good family fun, and well worth $6 a person. 





And the bee in the first photo?  It was made of 16,383 Legos.






No comments:

Post a Comment