Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Demin Blanket: Work in Progress

Here's what I'm up to on this snowy afternoon....
I'm turning this pile into raw material for a blanket.
I'm using the scissors I won from CraftGossip, and I'm happy to say that they are working well.  I'm cutting denim like it's silk, and that's easier on my hands than with regular scissors.

The scraps are going into my rags-to-donate bag.  Catholic Social Services sells torn or ripped clothes to be recycled into paper, so I have a big box in my sewing room where I toss scraps too hard to be used as stuffing.  Every now and then I head down there with some huge sacks labeled "rags" for them to add to their pile.  Nothing wasted!
So if you have jeans too torn and ripped to give to Goodwill, I'll take 'em!




No comments:

Post a Comment