Saturday, May 9, 2015

Weekly Round-Up

A few quick things before I head off to graduation at the school where I teach. 

(I always think of Grandpa G. at graduation because Grandma G. graciously and generous gave me his doctoral robes.  It was such a kind gesture and I’ve always been grateful to feel that in some small way I’m carrying on the work he did in education.)

…. Belovedest had a 30-mile, 45+ minute detour on gravel roads Thursday in order to get to work.  Lots of flooding in our area.  I’m grateful that none of it is in our basement.
 
From the State Patrol Twitter Feed
… I finished grading!

… Thursday I did voice over work in Omaha, plus had lunch with my dear friend Anne M., PLUS surprised Conner at his President Wax Museum school project.  Remember the Abraham Lincoln tie I made?  I got to see it in action.


…. Dropped off some metal recycling.  I made $8.23, in part because of 45 pounds worth of office furniture that I intercepted from the trash.  It’s not a lot of money, but I also know whatever I bring is getting recycled instead of ending up in the landfill.


… We did LOTS of gardening stuff!  Here are some tomato seedlings that are coming up.   We’ll be posting soon on decorating rain barrels, doing soil tests, and making tomato cages.

1 comment:

  1. Busy week! Congrats to your graduating students & glad you've got a dry basement. :)

    ReplyDelete