Sunday, April 26, 2015

Sunday Thoughts: Wanting to Be God

My friend: I'm not sure what the purpose of winning the lottery would be. Once I have a boat, motorcycle, and a fishing pole I'm not sure what else I would need. I have that already.

Me: What I want is freedom. I don't care about stuff. I want to be able to work or not work, just as I choose. I want to have time to spend exactly as I please – so much time that it's no longer precious. So much time I could even waste it, let it slip through my fingers like sand on a beach. And I don't want to be dependent on other people for my security, like needing to have a job.

My friend: So you want to be God.

Me: (Laughing) I am a heretic, I see!

My friend: No. It is what we all want.

Then I think he said something about trust….

No comments:

Post a Comment