Friday, November 7, 2014

I Saw the Sign



Remember how I was complaining that I didn’t have time to do all the fun things in Journal Bliss, the book I was reading, because I had to get ready for the craft fair November 8?

I decided to make it a both/and moment and use the techniques in the book to make a sign.  I had so much fun making this!  For me, this was daring.  It was actually really hard to let go of the control, but I did and I loved it! 

(The book wasn’t so much packed with new technique as it was high-spirited and inspiring.  It was fun, colorful, and it made me want to play.  I’m not done reading it yet.)

I took more photos than usual this time so you can see the piece evolve….

 I was doing to paint over some lace for texture but I didn't get around to it.




 I paint on an old telephone book.  Just turn the page, and then you've got a clean place to work.

 I tried whatever came into my head.


 I set these aside to dry and turned back to the main canvas with some markers.

 I added bits of salvaged tissue paper.


 It probably took an hour or so and I didn't have to buy a thing.  Here's the finished sign:
 Unless I decide to add to it....

What do you think?  If this makes you want to play, then do find a way to do it!
Comments welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment