Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Don't Throw Away.... Little Dabs of Leftover Paint

Subtitle: Hanging a picture isn't so scary after all!

Yes, I REALLY hate to throw anything away!

A discarded board from my father's workshop hangs by my easel for me to get rid of my leftover paint on.

Or at least, it did before I sold it:

Part of the cool factor is that it has two years worth of paint on it.  And when you mix up colors, you never really get the same color twice.

So I got another unwanted board, and decided to try to actually hang it properly with picture-hanging wire rather than just drilling a hole it.

I followed the instructions here to do it.

I primed it with ordinary leftover primer from when we painted the front of the garage.

My nephews added the first paint when they were playing in my studio last week.


Nothing seems to make children happier than: 
"Do whatever you want.  You can't screw it up.  Just go for it!"

Actually, adults like that too...




No comments:

Post a Comment