Monday, March 17, 2014

DIY Draft Blocker

Here's one of my projects from last week, designed to keep out the chill.  It's not glamorous by any means, but there was so much cold air coming in I had to do something.

One door leads to the garage and the other to sun porch.   You wouldn't think there would be much of a draft, but I felt it every time I head down the stairs.
I'm not posting detailed instructions, but I'm guessing photos will work just fine.  It was nice to not need to iron a sewing project for a change!



 I actually put in "normal" stuffing--fabric scraps, mostly from deconstructing men's shirts from the thrift store--but I only got photos of the odd stuff.  I also had gobs of denim bits like waistbands, hems, and zippers from the jeans I deconstructed to make the denim blanket.


The end has a rubber band in case I change my mind and decide to fill it with the traditional rice instead.

A quick, easy project with a serger that should make our house a little more comfy. 
Now, here's to spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment