Saturday, December 21, 2013

Weekly Round-Up

This week I...

.... was grateful The Magician's show went so well.  He got an enthusiastic thank-you note from the client which really made his day. 
Doesn't his beard add a certain professorial dignity?
 .... appreciated this BLT, a little 'love you' from my husband:
Life is full of little things.  Savor them!
.... picked up Reinvention: Sewing with Rescued Materials by Maya Donenfeld.  She's given my an idea for a new, no-tech closure that I can adapt to use on purses and journals.  Stay tuned!
... am a little bummed that the Amazon link has had only one sale this month.  I had hoped Christmas would be our biggest month yet.  Since we just bought a car, it would have been nice.... Oh well.
... met Mike Demps (Huskers 1998-2000 - defensive back) when we went to buy our car.  He was quite charming.  It reminded me of the days when I was a TA and had a couple of football players in my Comp I class.
 ... bought a car.  I thought we were treated really well, and got a fair price.  Of course, the savings account is still reeling from the blow, but we shouldn't have to buy a car or have repairs on this one for a long time.
.... enjoyed the "All the Christmas Stuff is FREE" sale at the best thrift store in the whole world.  I picked up this mistletoe and I have big plans to put it EVERYWHERE when we decorate for Christmas.  (Probably Christmas Eve. My German husband prefers that anyway.)
My beloved says it is holly, not mistletoe.  He's totally wrong, right?  And he should kiss me anyway, quite regardless!

No comments:

Post a Comment