Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Job Update

I applied for four more jobs today, leaving off my Ph.D on three of them.  Hopefully that will help, or at least, I can see if I get different results.

I did find a temp job at a construction company.  It's subbing in for their receptionist who is going to be gone two days here, three days there, a week here for the next month and a half.  I really liked the people there.  I've been wondering if I can invent my own thing called a "perma-temp": someone who  knows the job but only comes in when you need her.  I'd be part-time in the spring and fall, full-time in the summer, and sporadic during the winter.  I wouldn't need benefits, and in exchange for only having to pay me when they needed me, they could give him a higher-than-usual hourly wage.  I'd also want the flexibility to work on my freelance writing.  I bet they would go for it.  It's a thought.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the job not coming through, J. Hunting's hard. The perma-temp seems like it might be a good idea. Worth a shot.

    ReplyDelete