Saturday, July 18, 2015

Weekly Round-Up

Since my last Round-Up I....

... finished temping at a construction company.  I thoroughly enjoyed learning all about the world of buildings, and even got to do a little blueprint reading.  (You'll notice that I am pointing to a refrigerator.  I'm that good!)

.... went to a bridal shower for my cousin Megan

.... did a radio interview on Dickens's A Tale of Two Cities for Bastille Day
... played Settlers of Catan Junior with my sister Rachel and my nephew Alex.  Then Alex introduced me to Life.  (The game, not the existential state of being.)

We are huge Settlers of Catan fans, although we don't get to play it much because there are only two of us.  I liked the junior version.  My nephew, who is 8 years old and above-average intelligence played it just fine and enjoyed it.  I could even see getting it for Belovedest and me to scratch the Catan itch when there's only the two of us around.

Today we are selling beard oil at the Camp Creek Threshers annual threshing party and flea market in Waverly, NE.  Wish us luck!

1 comment:

  1. Lots of fun stuff going on! Glad you enjoyed the temp job. That really does make work more fun. Good luck with selling the beard oil!

    ReplyDelete