For one thing, this time next year I can look back and see how I did.
So, what were my resolutions for 2014?
- Earn at least $200 from crafting/art. (Ambitious! I think my yearly record was $55......)
- Earn at least $300 from freelance writing, editing, proofreading etc. (Very conservative. I've made over $1,000 a year the last three years, but I don't have any of the big money-making projects on deck right now, and I'm letting myself focus on fun stuff for a while.)
- Finish Alex's Alphabet Adventures book.
- Develop a healthier relationship with money.
- Start working on my voice acting ambitions by volunteering to record books for the blind.
Crafting: Minus expenses, I made $173.33. I'm still waiting to get paid for something that would have bumped it up to $190. That's pretty close.... Still, I'm getting away from crafting for money, unless I'm doing something I really love. I probably made less than minimum wage....
Freelance writing: $420
Alex's book: Not done. But I'm going to put it someplace where I can leave it out and that should help.
Relationship with Money: Not much progress there. Working on it....
Voice Acting: I started the ball rolling in the summer but I am still waiting for my friend to finish the demo reel. At least a demo reel is in the works!
- Help my husband get at least two YouTube videos done to publicize Charlemagne Beard Oil.
- Clean out my studio and make it functional!
- Organize and add keywords to my 15,000+ photos on my iMac
- Get Dad's website up and running for his custom furniture business
- Grow 200 pounds worth of food this summer
If you make (or don't make) New Years Resolutions please drop me and my readers a line in the comments!