Saturday, May 17, 2014

Weekly Round-Up


Before you read to the end of the post and see the photos of the wrecked car, be assured that my mom is fine.  Just a bruised knee and a little sore on her lip where the airbag hit her.

I’m almost done with the piano bench!  (The instructor wants me to put one more coat on it.  That’s him, standing there making me look really short.)

The wood was damaged where the screws for the hinges were supposed to go, so this is how we worked around that:

The screws for the hinges were drilled into the new wood.

 The last class is Tuesday, so I will be done for good soon.  It came out really pretty, I think.

This was a week and a half ago, but I’m just getting around to posting it.  We finally got this bush moved.  Once the lilacs get bigger and the roses get planted, it was going to be in the way of the compost pile.  


 Those roots went deep!  It was even more work than we thought it would be.  
I got to hang out with Aunt Monica quite a bit, which is always a pleasure.  Here we are picking colors for a fun project at her house:

Since she actually lives in the 21st century, we were looking at the inspiration on her iSomething.  Don’t worry, I’ll let you  in on more of the project later ;)
 Here are some of the colors we'll be working with.

We also went on the Parade of Homes, along with my sister and her family. 

Finally, someone ran a red light while Mom had a green light.  The guy was sitting next to a State Patrol officer, and then pulled out into traffic. Traffic in this case being my mom going 45 mph, he is lucky that he didn’t seem to be seriously injured.

Here is Mom, pointing at the 2014 park sticker she bought recently.  I helped her get stuff out of the vehicle, and discovered that most of my inheiritance was in small change under the seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment