Friday, May 16, 2014

Garden Update


I swear this isn't a gardening blog.  I WILL post artsy fun stuff soon!  But I'm sort of up to my ears in dirt... I mean soil... right now.

We’ve got stuff blooming!



We’re putting up chicken wire around the entire yard to keep out bunnies.  I decided I’d rather have one fence rather than trying to barricade every single garden plot.  
 
Securing chicken wire with zip ties and a little edging left over from the previous owner of our house

There is a rabbit that bolts practially every time we open the front door, and it is only a matter of time before he realizes that there is a buffet in the backyard.

I realize that squirrels and birds will still have their way with our crop, but at least the little seedlings will have a fighting chance.  The tricky part is going to be the gate.  

And I am so ready to put these little guys in the ground.  They don't seem very happy in their pots.


Questions, comments, and suggestions welcome.  

No comments:

Post a Comment