Monday, June 3, 2013

Finished!


My traveling skirt is finished!  It is wrap-around so that it will adjust if I lose weight from all of the hiking, or gain weight from all of the ice cream.  It is reversible, so wardrobe-wise it does double duty and it matches all three of the tops that I am bringing, as you can see: 




Both sides have a chapstick-and-two-euros pocket.  That was tricky because I forgot to do them before I sewed both sides together so I had to sew both pockets on at the same time.  Lots of what my Mom calls "pinning the H out of it" was required.

Thank you to Marcia of Marcia's Musings for snapping the pictures!  She came over for Scrabble (I lost, but enjoyed myself thoroughly), and I jumped at the chance to have a pro behind the camera.

Except for the pockets, which were my idea, I followed directions for the skirt from Sewing Green by Betz White.  She used vintage tablecloths and I used old sheets, and I used a wider ribbon for the waistband, but for the first time in years I actually followed a pattern.  It worked quite well, except that I am freakishly small, so I had to adjust where I put the buttonhole for the tie to go through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment