Thursday, December 4, 2014

An Oatmeal Container Is an Exercise Accessory?


I've solved two problems at once:
1. The same routine over and over again is boring.
2. When I know there’s a hard workout in the rotation that day, it’s so easy to sleep in.

So I did Zumba, P90x and T25 more or less faithfully for a month or so.   

I noted which workouts I could actually do and liked reasonably well.  (Push-ups and pull-up, well, I can’t really do them so I spend the workout jogging in place and watching the people on the screen do 20 reps.  So I skipped those.)   

Those workouts went in the oatmeal container and I draw one every morning.  Surprise!

Somehow it is easier to get out of bed when I just might get “stretching” instead of “intensive cardio”….

This is not a frugal solution.  My husband, bless his dear little heart, has tried multiple exercise DVD series.  Plus he bought me some Zumba because I kept checking it out of the library.  So we already had the DVDs.  But I’m guessing we aren’t the only ones…

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I admit, when I first read the title, I pictured you filling the oatmeal container with sand to make a weight or something. :)

    ReplyDelete