Saturday, March 2, 2013

Life Hack #1: How to Eat Boring Cereal


I started doing this to wean myself off of sugary cereal.  I would combine sugary cereal with one that was a little bit more healthy (Honey Nut Cheerios in combination with regular Cheerios) and over time would gradually shift the ratio from about 50-50 two gradually having less and less Honey Nut Cheerios.  Since our house is now as gluten-free as possible, I am doing the same thing with Chex.  It is the most boring cereal imaginable, and I don't add any sugar to it at all, but by mixing up the flavors it is slightly less boring.




The phrase "life hack" is borrowed from one of my favorite web sites, which is also a good place to start if you are new to the whole frugality movement: http://www.wisebread.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment